U a Fan of Memetics?
1. Which idea is more toxic?
A. We should inoculate ourselves against the most toxic ideas.
B. It’s all subjective; we cannot objectively classify ideas.
2. Which belief would be most convenient were you to believe in it?
A. Chaos and physical laws rule my life.
B. God and fate rule my life.
3. Which idea is more useful?
A. There are a few brown eggs in the fridge.
B. Suffering is inevitable.
4. Which of these most tickles your fancy?
A. Believers get an afterlife.
B. Only non-believers get an afterlife, just to confuse them.
5. Circle the most viral concept.
A. Zeus is the king of heaven.
B. Allah is the king of heaven.
6. Eliminate the most intolerable concept.
A. Islam is a harmful belief system.
B. Astrology is a harmful belief system.
The inspiration for today’s dilemmas: Dan Dennett on dangerous memes (with great comments).