Posts Tagged ‘critical thinking’
Key Ideas from This Talk:
- No man is an island; we’re all ‘born in funk’ and we all will ‘die in the funk’.
- Denial, dodging, and dismissal of death, maximum distraction and “deodorized” discourse.
- Learning to die, through/with Philosophy, as a means to real growth.
- A more just society requires more critical, courageous thinkers that can even give up their dogmas when necessary.
- Holding opposing ideas simultaneously in our head, and yet still continuing to function, e.g. the U.S. as both a Noble Experiment in Democracy and an Ignoble Experiment in Empire.